Attic Encapsulation Services
Restore Comfort To Your Home
Save BIG On Attic Encapsulation Services
Free Estimates For Insulation Replacements
What is attic encapsulation?
Attic encapsulation is a system that seals and insulates your attic to control internal temperature and protect your home from extreme outside temperatures. This process can be completed with Spray Foam, Rigid Foam Board, or Dense Packed Cellulose insulation. This moves the thermal and air barrier of your home from the floor of your attic to your roof deck, making your attic a controlled environment that is good for storage, HVAC equipment, or even to finish it and make it a livable space.
So, why should you encapsulate your attic?
- Insulating from the rafters creates a temperature and humidity-controlled storage space.
- Controlling the space your HVAC lives in helps to reduce the loss of conditioned air making your home more comfortable.
- Insulating from the rafters with Foam Board, Spray Foam, or Dense Packed Cellulose, can offer air sealing properties and keeps air from getting lost to the outside.
Before insulation, the sun heats up the roof which radiates heat into your attic. Inside your attic, your ductwork bakes, and conditioned air is lost through leaks in your ductwork. Heat also radiates down into your conditioned living space making your home hot and uncomfortable.
After insulation, the sun still heats the roof, but this heat does not radiate into the attic and down into your home. Instead, the roof is vented with cool air, the attic stays much cooler and the temperatures in your living space are more comfortable.
These conditions reverse in the winter resulting in a loss of heat through the roof that is being replaced with cold air entering from the home’s foundation and other first floor openings that make your home drafty.
Insulating from the attic rafters offers several benefits:
- Reduces air leaks, humidity, and heat transfer from the attic to the rest of your home resulting in more even temperatures throughout your home.
- Reducing air leaks, protecting HVAC equipment from extreme conditions, and controlling humidity reduces how often your HVAC runs, saving you on energy bills.
- Extreme heat and cold affect the performance of your HVAC unit, making it work harder to keep up. Conditioning the space your HVAC lives in, protects it from extreme conditions and allows it to perform better.
- An encapsulated attic provides a comfortable, controlled space that can be used for storage or converted into a livable space.
Insulating from the rafters is a permanent, one and done, solution that pays for itself in utility bill savings by cutting your heating and cooling bills by up to 25% on average (this varies based on your home and the work you have completed).
Does your home need an energy-saving upgrade?
Fusion Virginia can help! With a free evaluation and insulation estimate, you can find the best solution to improve your home energy performance. Consider spray foam insulation – it’s an effective and cost-efficient way to save energy and reduce your bills. Contact Fusion Virginia today for more information!
Why Trust Fusion?
More Than 25 Years of Experience
The Best Possible Products
One-Year Satisfaction Guarantee
Fully Licensed and Trained Technicians
Schedule Your Appointment!
Our Skilled Team Also Serves Norfolk & Chesapeake
Every FUSION technician on our team is fully licensed and insured, and with our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on all services, we know that you will be happy you chose us to care for your heating and comfort needs. Our Hampton Roads Heating Repair Experts have the knowledge and ability to not only solve all comfort and energy efficiency problems, but also to explain the technology to you and your family so that you know exactly what system is in your home.
Call Us Anytime to Schedule Service, 24/7
Our company provides comprehensive heating service and repair in the communities of Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Suffolk. We offer 24-hour service for your convenience and in case of an emergency, so don’t hesitate to call us any hour of the day or night. All equipment installed receives a free one-year maintenance agreement! When you feel stuck in a tough situation and you need heat repair or furnace repair, you can always count on us to get the job done right. Call (757) 938-6709 today.